- Distinguished in the Fields of:
• Implant Placement & Restorations
• Cosmetic Dentistry
* World Renowned Leader & Innovator
• Sedation Dentistry
- FELLOWSHIP Recipients from Prestigious Academic Organization
Bone graft and Implants
I’m happy to have found Dr. Shaer. I’m finally taking care of my teeth and Christina made it easy by putting a treatment plan together for me. It’s a great environment and they really help put my anxiety at ease.
Veneers have become a buzzword and for good reason. Simple, fast and painless, your smile can become movie star perfect in 2 dental visits.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are often referred to as “Instant Orthodontics”. Think you need braces? A substantial aesthetic effect can be obtained with a veneer and minimal tooth preparation is required.
A dental veneer is a thin layer of synthetic material (porcelain or composite) that is bonded to the tooth’s surface. Veneers are a great alternative to otherwise painful dental procedures to improve the appearance of your smile.
Common problems that Veneers will address:
- Spaces between the teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
Applying VeneersVeneers are applied to the teeth in 2 visits to the dentist:
- Visit # 1 Veneer Preparation: The teeth are prepared by removing 0.3 to 0.5 mm of enamel (the thickness of a fingernail) to allow room for the veneer layer. An impression of the teeth is taken and sent to the specialized dental laboratory that will create the veneers.
- Visit #2 Veneer Bonding: Bonding involves all the steps that permanently attach the veneer to the tooth. After a cleaning of the tooth, the veneer is bonded to the tooth with a special dental cement. This dental cement is then hardened with an ultra violet light.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!